ARM freezes itself

kangax

ARM freezes itself

Post by kangax »

hi guys

ive noticed many ppl complain in comments that the ARM freezes without giving possibility for any configuration or anything, i am facing exactly the same problem

tested ARM on 2 pcs, the same system (win xp sp3) on both of them trough one is amd and second intell, the program just freezes on both pcs, does not matter what, the pcs are clean like a tear, no conflicts with av or anything

can somebody give us a hand and resolve this problem?
mdemelo78

Re: ARM freezes itself

Post by mdemelo78 »

I'm having the same issue. I just installed ARM on a new PC - clean install on win 7 with admin rights.

As soon as I launch ARM, I give it about 10 sec or I try and run the set-up and it freezes and closes or crashes.
It gives me the following errors upon launch.
NCUpdater.exe missing
System.cfg file not found

Any help would be appreciated.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Try 1.98
mdemelo78

Post by mdemelo78 »

1.98 Seems to have changed the issue a bit. I was able to get it to read the chat log and run enough to get the set up now, but it still only runs for about 10 - 15 sec and then pops up with another error, after which it closes out again.

Error checking for new version. Make sure firewall isn't blocking ARM.

Thing is, I have my firewall disabled at the time for it. So I know it's not blocking it.
Last edited by mdemelo78 on Sat May 10, 2014 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There should be a number now along with the error, like (1) (2) etc.
mdemelo78

Post by mdemelo78 »

(0)

If I ignore the error and leave the window there... another one pops up, and then another, and another, and so on.... but the program will stay running.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Ok, (0) means timeout, ARM wasn't able to retrieve the file at box.com with the version data within 30 seconds of the request. Something is blocking ARM from loading that.
Artynii

Post by Artynii »

And what is that something?
I've got my firewall disabled, but to be sure, I tried too make a line in the firewall that he gives ARM internet. Still same shit.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

The issue is fixed with today's update, download again the normal installer from the website. The issue was related to having no char names in the settings.
kangax

Post by kangax »

the issue gone with new version, thank u mate