Can't run ARM as of last update

avator

Can't run ARM as of last update

Post by avator »

Greetings,
Ever since last update (2 days ago or so), I haven't been able to run ARM at all.
The update either never connects (giving a network error(0), either it starts but won't complete and gives an error.

In the case where it gives an error mid-download, it becomes impossible for me to even start ARM again, I just get an error that this program won't run on windows.

I've already reinstalled ARM a few times, I deleted all files in AppData/Roaming and re-configurated the whole shebang... but again as soon as the necessary update comes along, it's all over. :/

Is it possible to just download the latest version (of this week) and install that one to avoid this issue? I've never had a problem like this before x_X
avator

Re: Can't run ARM as of last update

Post by avator »

Just to make sure it wasn't antivirus (as I saw the other thread about avast), I made exceptions out of the rainmeter folders (the installation one and the appdata/roaming). Still same issue. Screenshot here.

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Does it download anything at all? obvious question.. but maybe the firewall is blocking it?
avator

Post by avator »

Thank you for the swift reply. After fiddling with it, I think this is yet another symptom of Avast's "garbagery". I'm not sure why others had trouble only running the software and not downloading the updates--- wheras for me it was the download that pooped itself.

Well, I re-re deleted everything, re-re-installed, made sure all exception folders were set BEFORE running ARM and now it works. It's weird because I never did see it update successfully, but it stopped trying to update. Because of that, I'm not sure if my version is the last one "1.9.3.19304" is what I have now, I'm scared to touch anything :P
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

http error code was 0, which .. isn't even a valid response code, so the most likely reason was the download being stopped from completing, possibly by Avast as you mention, before the entire file was completed in the disk.
sagian60

Post by sagian60 »

Hi:)
I have the same problem the last 2 days..i did all the above but still no update + can't use ARM...5 times delete / clean reg / install and nothing yet :)
Is still the same with Avast off ( no firewall ) any idea?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Tilith

Post by Tilith »

Hi,

for Avast! users, the simplest way to manage ARM to keep working is to prevent Avast! from scanning the whole Aion RainMeter folder.

Here is a screenshot of where you'll put the access path in your antivirus.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... astarm.png (in french but I suppose it's not so different than others languages)
armupdater

Post by armupdater »

Tilith wrote:Hi,

for Avast! users, the simplest way to manage ARM to keep working is to prevent Avast! from scanning the whole Aion RainMeter folder.

Here is a screenshot of where you'll put the access path in your antivirus.

http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?i ... astarm.png (in french but I suppose it's not so different than others languages)
works fine! thanks man!