ARM deleted Aion files?

Nekomaus

ARM deleted Aion files?

Post by Nekomaus »

I have no idea what happened, but the first 14 folders in the Aion main folder had gotten deleted sometime between last night and this morning. They are not in the recycle bin, nor did I mess with any of the files between then and now. I noticed this because ARM started to have a "Error trying to run Aion.bin". I only had ARM, Aion, and Teamspeak up last night. I closed them and went to bed. I came back this morning and ARM started having that error, and I realized all of the essential folders had been somehow deleted in the C:/ folder of Aion.

I didn't do anything different than I usually do, so I really have no idea how it might've gotten deleted. I just thought it might be a fault with ARM. I'm running version 1.92 atm. I've fixed it now, but I'm reporting it just in case it might happen again.
admin
Site Admin

Re: ARM deleted Aion files?

Post by admin »

This is very unlikely. The only code in ARM related to deleting files are the Jp Crit Font installer/uninstaller which just unpacks or deletes 1 file into a subfolder within L10N, and the other is the warning when chat.log is too large, you can tell it to delete or rename the file. Both of these need user interaction however (click buttons/confirm and so).