Traps damages with ranger

Cura

Traps damages with ranger

Post by Cura »

I noticed that every ranger's traps are not counted in the dpsmeter, even if they do damages. For example, blazing trap (green stigma) does (for me) 5k8 damagage on sanctum dummies. It's such a shame it's not counted.

Could you fix it?

Thanks in advance!
Fraagmeister

Traps damage in arm

Post by Fraagmeister »

I already made this post in another section, but I guess I posted it in the wrong place since I didn't receive any answer.

I noticed that every ranger's traps are not counted in the dpsmeter, even if they do damages. For example, blazing trap (green stigma) does (for me) 5k8 damage on sanctum dummies. This skill doesn't appear in my dps, nor in the unknown section like dagger oath for example. I was wondering if the treatment of this skill was any different than the usual skills and if not, if you could integrate it in arm?

Thanks in advance!
admin
Site Admin

Re: Traps damage in arm

Post by admin »

Sorry I saw the post but I've been busy. Short answer: traps are a pain to recognize properly, but I will check again sometime.
nooby

Re: Traps damages with ranger

Post by nooby »

hi chat log shows the caster then immediately the damage. i think there should be possible to ad that damage to the right person :)
an example:
2017.04.26 20:11:08 : Dxxxxxxx summoned Blazing Trap by using Blazing Trap.
2017.04.26 20:11:08 : Blazing Trap inflicted 5 110 damage on Training Dummy by using Blazing Trap Effect.

thank
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Yes, when the trap triggers right away. Think about this:

- Ranger A puts a trap to the left of a mob
- Ranger B puts the same trap to the right of that mob
- A few seconds later the mob steps on the trap and you get that message that "blazing trap" did x damage on the mob

Whose trap was it?
nooby

Post by nooby »

yea i know the chat log it's a nightmare.

maybe an option like the single SM mode to activate client side? like single ranger mode AKA single trap mode :p
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Is that really necessary though? traps seem pretty meaningless generally other than on 1v1 pvp, I can't recall any ranger putting traps in any pve boss content, the damage is very low compared to what they can do otherwise in the time they would need to place the trap.

I've been meaning to add this however for a long time, but most likely only into the "Unknown" damage.
nooby

Post by nooby »

we are mostly talking about blazing trap that deals huge damage of more than 5k per hit and it's insta-cast, damage works a bit like the pets for sm and clerics

most rangers i know (me included) don't use it as it's not on their dps meter °_°
Nekosm

Post by Nekosm »

or at least can you put the damage in the "unknown" category? so it can be processed by pveranks and assigned/splitted like the damage of other classes that can't be assigned with precision
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

I need some combat logs for this, for all traps that do damage:

- Both the "summon" and the damage messages
- Duration of each trap
- Message in the log when YOU set it up
- Message in the log when someone else does
- Message when you receive damage
- Message when someone else receives damage

All of that in PVE and PVP version
Then all of that for both EU and NA formats.