Narakkalli NM/HM questions

Discussion and support for Aionpveranks.com
Lyah

Narakkalli NM/HM questions

Post by Lyah »

greetings daevas, i just wanted to ask why there is so much difference from 1 to an other dps meter of an other player on the same alliace of narakkalli nm/hm. We think there is some problems when soul freeze happen and the meter register differents damages.
Gogmazios

Re: Narakkalli NM/HM questions

Post by Gogmazios »

I think that players who don't take soul freeze have not the ghost dps
cathwyler

Post by cathwyler »

The dammage from aiDps would solve this problem. Every dps meter working with chat.log are not exact cause chat.log are not exactly the same beetwen each people. And in fact if RainMeter meter would work same way as aiDps that would solve the problem of duplicate session.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Few issues with making ARM working like aiDps:

- AiDps breaks the EULA 3.3 part where it says you cannot reverse engineer the game, which is exactly what it does by intercepting all network data and decrypting the packets before they reach the game. This data includes for example scouts in hide (even if the app won't show you)
- Data collection that you can't see through normal means (like player names in pvp instances before the start)
- Major game updates require an update to the app to keep working

Even though people say the app is allowed, GM "KoschkaKatze" said this about the matter:
Unfortunately this is not tolerated. And there are no exceptions.it is enough if it has a possibility to detect data , which are not visible for normal user.
4.3 b) "use software that facilitates data mining or otherwise captures or collects information in connection with the online games.

3.3 "any other forms of reverse engineering"
On the other hand, adapting ARM to work the same way is quite some work to do. If AiDps dev would share his decryption code I would probably do it, otherwise I don't have much time for that at the moment.

tl;dr: aidps way breaks the eula/I don't care and would use the same method anyway/no time to work on decryption unless dev wants to share.
Nekosm

Post by Nekosm »

doesn't ARM break the EULA anyway because it enables the chatlog by editing a game file?
cathwyler

Post by cathwyler »

of course i understand, i already tryed to decript packet from Winpcap and i know its a fucking hell if you dont have specification protocol. One other way to resolve problem of duplicate data is to take the higher total dammage from session with same start and end time with a +-1,2 or 3s tolerance and to be shure before delete you can check if party is same on each sessions
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

you can enable chatlog with any app external to ARM, and all its contents are 100% the same visible in-game in the chat tabs
Nekosm

Post by Nekosm »

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

(google translated)
a) it modifies the client
b) you can enter your login details and start the game directly -> Vulnerability!
a) it doesn't modify anything, it -can- change a setting to enable the engine chatlog, which you can do also with other apps then ARM does nothing but read a txt file that the client generates, same as you could do with notepad
b) account login is an optional feature. you can do the same with a bat file
Nekosm

Post by Nekosm »

ik, but you should tell this to them. I'm completely fine with ARM :D