Rainmeter Problem with FIREWALL

waskisan

Rainmeter Problem with FIREWALL

Post by waskisan »

I know a lot of ppl have the same issue as me. I checke all the version of rainmeter i can find via internet. 1.50 1.72 1.90 1.99. I downloaded debug versions non-debug version and still got the same problem.

"Error CHecking for new version ( 1 ), check if your firewall is not blocking ARM:0 (404)"

The problem is i have not any firewall besides VIstas Windows one. I make an exception to allow ARM be runned. So i dont understand. I got ARM running for 10 sec, than i got this error, when i close pop-up window, its force closin the whole ARM. I woul rly apreciate any advice, help or assistance from admins side.

Thx in advance.
Eilezara

Re: Rainmeter Problem with FIREWALL

Post by Eilezara »

I get the same error too,but before the update error I get another one.It's with a file named LIBEAY32.DLL ,it appears shortly after I start ARM and few seconds later the update error.Does Libeay32.dll have to do something with the update checker or it's a separate error ?
waskisan

Post by waskisan »

Eactly. I had the same. Than i downloaded version 1.50 and it was working for like 5 seconds. It was even counting dps. but than was the window about that firewall and i found that debug version. Downloaded it an problem appeared as i said. I rly want to use that rainmeter coz i need to prove some folks gunslinger dps.

Dear admin, any tip how to fix this? Was trying to find a solution to the problem on forum and nothing i tried helped.

Meaby the problem is im using Window Vista? I dunno. Im clueless what to do.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

LIBEAY problem is fixed redownloading latest version. Firewall.. im not sure, it's usually avast/norton/avg blocking it, or Comodo firewall auto-sandboxing it.
elyrian

Post by elyrian »

i have same problem i installed avast then arm then error with update (firewall) i removed avast but still have problem..
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Contact me with teamviewer info and I'll check directly in your pc.
user3331

Post by user3331 »

ARM 1.993 stops working due to the "update firewall" issue. I switch firewall completely off but it still stops complains about firewall.
ARM worked ok before. Sometimes had this issued but always recovered. Now it doesnt recover anymore.

As a suggestion: Can you remove the enforeced autoupdate feature. ARM is a fantastic tool but this drives me nuts...
nooby

Post by nooby »

Hello

this problem is spreading around and i have a lot of people in my legion that cannot use arm.

we are mostly in France and Belgium but since yesterday i have even people from Algeria with exactly the same problem. and it cannot come from the firewall.

are we blacklisted for obscure reasons?

can you please fix it or propose a workaround?

regards
nooby

Post by nooby »

Hello

Seems the problem come from antivirus.
deactivating it will not solve the problem.

i had Avira pro and it seems he block it. probably consider it like a thread or stack overflow.
un-installing the antivirus made arm work, i will test with microsoft antivirus and if any issue i will report.

edit
no problems with MSE.

enjoy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Avira/avg/norton don't properly check compressed exes and often block them.