Incorrect battle time reported

penetras

Incorrect battle time reported

Post by penetras »

I've found a recurrent bug, i think it only happened after latest arm update (August 27th, 2014). It's parsing the wrong battle time duration just for me it's working properly for all other players around.

Class gunner
tree full cannon build

Steps to Reproduce.

Start aion meter clear all damage etc.

1-Initiate fight (check time of the first hit)
Time [Mob] ~ Skill ~ Damage
-------------------------------------------------------------
2014.08.31 13:08:17 [Fissure Incarnate] ~ Fire Cannon IV ~ 9290

2-End fight pause aion rainmeter (check time of the last hit made)
Time [Mob] ~ Skill ~ Damage
-------------------------------------------------------------
2014.08.31 13:10:58 [Fissure Incarnate] ~ Firebug Cannon V ~ 12025

3- Total seconds elapsed: 161 seconds / Aion rainmeter time duration report 70secs.

The total damage is reporting correctly but since the time is totally wrong it's giving wrong dps (damage per second) results.
For example in this fight my stats my total damage was 389.767 damage, thus my dps should be around 2420 dps.

Since the time calculated is wrong my dps reported in aion rainmeter is 5560 dps.

Dont know if this is already a known issue. The weird thing is that it's calculating the right time duration for the players around me.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Incorrect battle time reported

Post by admin »

Time report/dps calc is not based on the time between the 1st and last hit, but on the time actually actively dpsing. Depending on the class ARM adjusts the timing, with 1 setting for sorc/sm/cleric/bard and another for chanter/templar/gladi/sin/ranger/gunner/AT (higher atk speed/faster skills).

Your issue here might be related to not using NA data.pak, "Fire Cannon" and "Firebug Cannon" are not in ARM's list of gunner skills.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

If you wanna try the NA pak without any hassle, go in ARM menu Tools/System Tools/Install NA Data.pak

It will download and install it for you, and just as easily you can also remove it later.
penetras

Post by penetras »

admin wrote:Time report/dps calc is not based on the time between the 1st and last hit, but on the time actually actively dpsing. Depending on the class ARM adjusts the timing, with 1 setting for sorc/sm/cleric/bard and another for chanter/templar/gladi/sin/ranger/gunner/AT (higher atk speed/faster skills).

Your issue here might be related to not using NA data.pak, "Fire Cannon" and "Firebug Cannon" are not in ARM's list of gunner skills.
Ok thanks for the quick reply i will try it and check the results.
penetras

Post by penetras »

btw just to make one thing clear in the way this dpsmeter is working now we can't trully compared the dps with other classes but only the total damage right? i'm bit confused now.

Cause if i'm checking the dps made by a group to just a single mob (no other mobs around) if it's only counting the "active dps time" made by each class we might end with results like this:

1# sorceror A 20.000 total damage (3800) dps
2# gunner B 15.000 total damage (4600) dps

And that is confusing because since the mob was first attacked until he dies if it takes like 1minute doing total damage / total seconds = dps thus if my dps was higher then assuming that every player started dpsing at the same time my total damage should be higher also.

Or am i complety wrong? :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Well.. imagine this situation:

Sorc hits mob non-stop for 20 seconds, does 20k dmg
Sin hits mob non-stop for 5 seconds, does 15k dmg

Sin will have done less damage, but his dps (damage per second) was higher.
penetras

Post by penetras »

True, it's still good for a personal use for us to be able to check how well we are doing and try improving our skil rotation. But it would be great if arm had the feature to be able to show the "general dps" like i'm used in other dps meters to be able to compare classes(and i pretty much prefer order players current avg dps and not total damage) and since you guys have the timestamps it should be a reachable feature.

But eitherways i think you guys did an awesome job with arm it's a very resourcefull tool :) .

On a last note i think the arm was counting the dps right without the NA data pack (i was checking in the last few hours) since it wasnt a bug but it was working how arm was designed. (the skill names are different but their id's are prolly the same since it's seems to be reporting the correct total damage)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

There are no IDs for skills in the combatlog, what you see on screen is what ARM reads from the log
2014.09.01 08:17:48 : You inflicted 4,252 damage on Training Dummy by using Conflagration I.
2014.09.01 08:17:48 : You inflicted 4,287 damage on Training Dummy by using Freezing Wind IV.
2014.09.01 08:17:48 : Training Dummy received 1,000 damage due to the effect of Flame Cage V.
2014.09.01 08:17:50 : You inflicted 4,580 damage on Training Dummy by using Wind Cut Down VI.
2014.09.01 08:17:51 : Training Dummy received 15,803 damage due to the effect of Magical Fire Damage Effect.
2014.09.01 08:17:51 : Magical Fire Damage Effect has been activated.
2014.09.01 08:17:51 : Training Dummy received 1,000 damage due to the effect of Flame Cage V.
2014.09.01 08:17:52 : Critical Hit!You inflicted 6,454 damage on Training Dummy by using Refracting Shard II.
2014.09.01 08:17:52 : You inflicted 4,287 damage on Training Dummy by using Freezing Wind IV.
2014.09.01 08:17:53 : You recovered 3,227 MP by using Refracting Shard II.
penetras

Post by penetras »

Ok so NA data pack all the way