Why not use Rainmeter to help with Bots?

Oneesann

Why not use Rainmeter to help with Bots?

Post by Oneesann »

I was thinking since NCsoft doesn't care to help or listen to the players, why not let the community take care of them? I am a programmer and was thinking about making a program to scan LFG and use filters to auto block and or /Silence the offender. Basically rainy.ws can manage what filters to scan for or use popular vote submissions. but there seems to be key icons or spellings of their websites that are fairly consistent. Since rainy already can scan the chat, why not add the feature since you guys are already halfway there? With as many players have rainmeter, the effectiveness should put a big hurt on the bot community.

Thinking aloud:

Scan for the keywords (check against rainmeter database) for: example: GOLDCEO, if also includes HEART HEART HEART then $match$ = %90 (have threshold/tollerance) if over said value, then auto /silence /block.

I have seen odd character/fonts used to simulate the "WWW" of a website. Dead givaway text for an auto silence (regular players shouldn't be doing that crap anyway)
admin
Site Admin

Re: Why not use Rainmeter to help with Bots?

Post by admin »

How would ARM block them though?
Oneesann

Post by Oneesann »

Filter LFG channel
When a key string "www" or GOLDCEO (can be updated with new strings weekly like standard virus definitions) is found, the client running Rainmeter will auto post in /3 "/Silence %n" where %n is the name of who triggered keyword.

Now with atleast 100 users (rough gess) using rainmeter at a time, if all 100 used the /silence <botname> at the same time, that bot is instantly silenced and can no longer whisper or post to LFG. When ever the silence feature wears off, the first 10 people to get the spam again would effectively re silence the offender. So basically LFG would just clear up over time since all bots are passively being silenced.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

/Silence does nothing on EU client, is this a new 4.8 feature?
Oneesann

Post by Oneesann »

Since rainmeter can already detect and intercept commands like .dmg and .clear these trigger words would be the same as bot trigger words. Rainmeter commands check if the .clear/.dmg commands were issued by a player name that is in the setup list. But for the BotFilter part, there is no need to check who the text came from.

Additional/optional idea, is if keyword is triggered by a bot, instead of automatically sending the /silence %n command to LFG channel, you can just pop up a overlay mini tool tip type window with a button to allow the end user to silence bot.
Oneesann

Post by Oneesann »

admin wrote:/Silence does nothing on EU client, is this a new 4.8 feature?

as far as I can tell if more than 10 people use the command with a user name it does effectively what /ReportBot command does but instead of affecting a bot's loot/drops, it just prevents them from whispering/LFG chat for prolly 30minutes.

I have not been able to test it as I dont feel like asking everyone in LFG to try silencing me :D
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

well, "/silence test" does absolutely nothing for me atm :O also.. how would ARM post that to the Aion client? if it interacts with it by sending keystrokes etc it could be maybe taken by the client as some bot/macroing app and ban you, and also it might suddenly send the text while someone is already typing something.
Oneesann

Post by Oneesann »

It shouldn't ban or even have an issue with keystokes being sent. I have a razer blackwidow ultimate keyboard that sends keystrokes to the game. I have used it for years to send keystrokes to water my plants and such ingame.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Still, it's not a good way to do it (and there's no other), imagine the follow situations:

* Replying to someone
* Typing something in grp etc
* Any dialog that expects an ENTER press

it would interfere with things like that, like. you are whispering someone:
"/w blaba hey there, how many cl.." and then ARM suddenly sends the keys, -> "/w blaba hey there, how many cl../silence shitbot"+Enter, whisper sent
etc